Misoup shall fully comply with its obligations under the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486) and Personal Data (Privacy) (Amendment) Ordinance 2018 (collectively the “Ordinance”) of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”). Misoup shall at all times respect the confidentiality of and endeavor to keep safe any and all Personal Data collected and/or stored and/or transmitted and/or used for or on behalf of Misoup.
General Statement of Policies and Practices on Personal Data
Collection of Personal Data
- For the purpose of carrying on Misoup’s business, you may be requested to provide your Personal Data when you register as a member, when you purchase a product or use our services, when you conduct gift redemption requests (if any), when you submit any comments or feedback to us, when we ask you to verify your identity.
- Depending on which services you choose to use we will ask you to provide your Personal Data, including, name, contact number, billing address, physical mailing address, email address, gender, date of birth and age.
- Children and minors (persons under the age of 18) are asked not to use Misoup unsupervised. If you are under the age of 18, please use Misoup in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
- We will collect Personal Data on a lawful, open and fair basis.
Purpose for Collection of Personal Data
Misoup will collect and may use your Personal Data for the following purposes :
- the provision of Misoup’s products and/or services to you at our website;
- carrying out your instructions or responding to your enquiry;
- forming part of Misoup’s customer data base necessary for the operations carried on by us;
- transferring or sharing your Personal Data with other Misoup or goodwill related & operated by our affiliates in other countries and territories for the purposes of carrying out (a), (b) and (c) above in this section;
- general security reasons;
- any purposes related to and/or for the furtherance of (a) to (e) above; and
- direct marketing purposes related to Misoup.
Without your consent, we shall not use your Personal Data for purposes other than those specified above.
Misoup will take all practicable steps to ensure that Personal Data collected is accurate. Please endeavor to provide Misoup with accurate Personal Data upon subscription of Misoup's services and where there are any changes to your Personal Data, please inform us as soon as possible.
Personal Data Sharing, Transfer and Disclosure
All Personal Data held by Misoup will be kept confidential but Misoup may, where sharing, transfer or disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the data was collected provide such information to the following parties:
- Any person or company who is acting on behalf of Misoup as agent in respect of the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the data was provided.
- Any person or company that is Misoup's business partner, and/or whom Misoup has entered into a contractual relationship with.
- Personal Data may also be disclosed to any person or persons pursuant to any statute or as required by any court of law in Hong Kong, provided such person or persons are able to prove the required right/authority to access such information.
- We may transfer or share your Personal Data to/with other Misoup operated by our affiliates.
- We will not sell your Personal Data to any person or company.
- We will not share, transfer or disclose your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes to/with any person or company, including Misoup’s affiliates.
Access and Correction
You may check whether we hold any of your Personal Data and, if so, may request
- Access: by sending an e-mail to the Customer Services Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org (Attention: Customer Services Officer ).
- Corrections: by sending an e-mail to the Customer Services Officer at email@example.com; ( Attention: “Update Information” )
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or permitting corrections to your Personal Data. We will endeavor to respond within 40 days of your request in compliance with the Ordinance. We may charge a reasonable low fee to cover our administrative costs when you request access to your Personal Data. We will comply with your request after the imposed fee is paid. We will not charge a fee for corrections to your Personal Data. Should we refuse your request for access or correction, reason(s) will be given. You may object to our reason(s) for our refusal to grant you access or correction.
We strive to ensure that your Personal Data will be protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your Personal Data.
Retention of Personal Data
Your Personal Data will only be retained for as long as is necessary to fulfill the original or directly related purpose for which it was collected, unless this is contrary to any applicable laws.
Amendment to this Statement
We may amend this Statement from time to time. If we make any amendments in the way we use your Personal Data, we will obtain your prior written consent through email.
Statement of Policies and Practices on Direct Marketing
Misoup intends to use your name, email and telephone number for direct marketing purposes as described below:-
- Promotions relating to technology, eyewear and eyecare products sold at our websites;
- Promotions relating to technology, eyewear and eyecare services provided at our websites;
- Marketing activities relating to technology, eyewear and eyecare products sold at our websites;
- Marketing activities relating to technology, eyewear and eyecare services provided at websites.
You shall not receive direct marketing materials if you do not consent to Misoup’s use of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes as described above.
In future, if you do not wish to continue receiving our newsletters, marketing and promotional materials for direct marketing purposes, please either send an email to the Customer Services Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us accordingly. We may record your email conversation with us for good record keeping purposes. Our customer data base will be updated accordingly at no charge to you.
THIS IS IMPORTANT. Please note that whether you choose to consent or withhold your consent for direct marketing purposes described above, unless you indicate otherwise, your Personal Data will still be used by us for the purposes described below:-
- the provision of Misoup's products and/or services to you at and on our websites.
- carrying out your instructions or responding to your enquiry;
- forming part of customer data base necessary for the operations carried on by us;
- transferring or sharing your Personal Data with other Misoup related & operated by our affiliates in other countries and territories for the purposes of carrying out (a), (b) and (c) above in this section;
- general security reasons; and
- any purposes related to and/or for the furtherance of (a) to (e) above.